So I got nominated for the Leibster Award and I went to look it up since I’ve never gotten any awards and wouldn’t know what one looked like. From what I’ve gathered, it’s like a big game of tag played among bloggers, with the intention of getting blogs with less than 200 readers some more readership. There is no actual award being given out but that’s ok because I bought myself a crown and I’m mighty pleased. Also I get to put this badge on my website which is pretty cool.
I’m really grateful to Mike over at Fugitive Fragments for nominating me. Not only is he a wonderful reader with insightful comments, he also has a great blog that has some lovely poetry and articles. So do check it out.
Since heavy is the head that wears the crown, I must fulfill certain duties or tasks. They are as follows
1. Share eleven facts about yourself with your fellow bloggers.
2. Make sure to answer the eleven questions posed.
3. Ask eleven questions of your own.
4. Nominate eleven bloggers for this award.
5. Notify the people you have tagged.
Task 1 – Eleven facts about myself
1. I hate feet.
2. When I was little, I used to think “Tom & Jerry” was one person and his name was “Tom B. Jerry”
3. I absolutely love all sports and watch and play as many as I can. I’m currently seeking funding for the FIFA world cup in Brazil next year. (I love you mom and dad. And you, dear reader, look remarkable today.)
4. I was not particularly a dog person. Then this guy walked into my life. Marshall says “Hi!”
5. I love films, but I love television shows even more and think they are a completely underrated form of visual storytelling. Although the times, they are a-changing.
6. I love to drive. This does not mean I want to have endless conversations about torque and engine sizes and which speedometer shape is most effective, because I don’t know the answer to any of them (I’m not sure they’re legit questions either.)
7. I’ve always wanted to be in a chase sequence – real or enacted; on foot or in car.
8. I’ve been told by friends and family that I’m very stubborn. This is probably true but I’d never admit it to them. Ever.
9. I can’t stress enough how little my tolerance is towards spicy food. My eyes immediately water and my nose turns red, which is quite an achievement for a dark-skinned person like me.
10. I’m dreadful with directions. No amount of instructions can help. I’ve actually gone around in a circle once. I’m convinced this is some sort of mental disorder.
11. I’d rather starve than eat something I’ve cooked up myself. So would you, believe me.
Task 2 – Now for the questions posed by Mike:
1. How old would you be if you didn’t know how old you were? – 7 years old
2. If you were awarded the Nobel Prize in literature would you look back on that as the best moment in your life? – Probably not
3. If you could meet any public figure (past or present) who would it be? Why? – Chris Nolan, Tina Fey, JK Rowling – all three are writers and all three have played a pivotal role in my life, unknowingly. And yeah I cheated on this one. Boo.
4. Best British actor? – Hugh Laurie
5. World’s best painting? – I don’t understand art. At all. But I went to the Tate Modern in London once and saw this and liked it very much.
6. Religion – relevant or dated? – Irrelevant to me
7. Vegas or Venice? – Vegas
8. Would you accept a free holiday in North Korea? – No
9. Why are there interstate highways in Hawaii? – I think every highway funded by the fed govt is called an interstate highway regardless of whether they cross states or not. Yes? Hope so. I wasn’t expecting trivia okay!
10. What educational qualification does the President of Syria hold? – Unless I looked up the wrong guy on wikipedia, he specialized in Opthalmology. Thanks to Mike I now know this.
11. Favourite French dish? (NOT a person) – I’ve never been to France, I did go to a french restaurant once and my friend ordered me something. I’ve since forgotten what it was but it was delicious. Yeah I’m not earning any “classy” points am I.
Task 3 – My nominees:
1. Muse Writer
Task 4 – the questions they have to answer:
1. What is your favourite element?
2. Which is your most favourite swear word? WHY?
3. If you could punch a famous person, who would it be?
4. If your food fell to the floor, how long before you consider it inappropriate to pick it back up and eat it?
5. Is “mint” a legit ice-cream flavour? Do you like it?
6. How are you feeling today?
7. Do you think we will blow ourselves up? Or do you still have faith in mankind?
8. Do you feel bad for “pluto” (the planet) ?
9. Favourite director /author/ screenwriter?
10. What’s love got to do with it?
11. Let’s say you got famous for something, like writing a book, or curing a disease or punching that celebrity in q.3. Which talk show host would you like to interview you about it?
Again, thanks Mike! And thanks to you who has stuck with me long enough to read this. I hope you come back soon and often, and we can become total besties!